Technology Job in Carmel, Indiana : IN
Looking for Technology Jobs? See currently available Technology job openings on technology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
technology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any technology job . We provide job resources for Technology positions throughout the industry. technology.jobs.net also provides Technology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Technology by either city or state.
technology.jobs.net is a technology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Technology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your technology job search on technology.jobs.net today.
Summer Intern - Information Technology Technologist
Summer Intern - Information Technology Technologist Job DescriptionSummer Intern - Information Technology Technologist
At Allegion, we help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 25 brands sold in almost 130 countries across the globe, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closer and exit devices, steel doors and frames to access control and workforce productivity systems.
Allegion provides college students with challenging summer internship assignments and valuable exposure to our company's senior leaders. Through meaningful work projects, our interns are empowered to build diverse skill sets and a strong foundation for a successful and fulfilling career. Interns participate in a leadership speaker series, professional development sessions and work on projects supporting our charitable partners. Upon completion of a successful internship many students are converted to full time opportunities within our early career programs.
This position is responsible for the delivery of technical components within Allegion’s Americas Region. The IT Technologist Intern will work on projects primarily delivered to (but not limited to the) the Americas region business functions. Primarily the IT Technologist Intern will be responsible for the design and development of technical solutions in addition to some level of requirements analysis, planning and testing
Required Skills and Competencies
- Have a passion for technology and willingness to explore and adopt emerging technologies for practical business purposes
- Bring an upbeat, positive attitude while enjoying working with an agile team to develop innovative technical solutions to help enable business growth and improve customer satisfaction
- Be apt at quickly understanding new business domains and be creative and thoughtful about applying technology to improve processes and issues
- Ability to quickly build proof-of-concept solutions that are forwarding looking to how they could be implemented on a larger scale
- Have experience developing solutions in an object oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C#)
- Be self-motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to identify issues, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives
- Be self-motivated to stay current with external tools, technologies and processes in information technology
- Be a strong team-player delivering on your own responsibilities while being respectful of other team members
- Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Have experience working with large datasets including data integration, analysis and visualization
- Have experience using an integrated development environment or application lifecycle management tool such as Visual Studio or TFS
- Demonstrated knowledge in software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment while providing consistent application lifecycle management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support innovation thru creative application of software and hardware architecture, design and development
- Develop specified application components or enhancements, as needed
- Be comfortable delivering technical solutions for projects leveraging agile project management methodologies
- Be able to communicate effectively in business terms and technical terms as appropriate
- Help to clarify, identify, and track requirements and project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required
- Pursuing a BS degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Completion of Junior year at start of internship
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with complex data
- Resiliency and ability to adapt quickly
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Carmel Technology Job