Technology Job in Green Bay, Wisconsin : WI 54304
Looking for Technology Jobs? See currently available Technology job openings on technology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
technology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any technology job . We provide job resources for Technology positions throughout the industry. technology.jobs.net also provides Technology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Technology by either city or state.
technology.jobs.net is a technology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Technology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your technology job search on technology.jobs.net today.
Manufacturing Technology System Engineer
Manufacturing Technology System Engineer Job Description
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
To learn more about our culture, Market-Based Management (MBM®), click here:
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Georgia-Pacific (GP) has an exciting opportunity for a talented Manufacturing Technology System Engineer to enhance the maintenance and operations in its Green Bay Operations locations in Green Bay, Wisconsin. This position is a member of the Georgia-Pacific North Region Infrastructure team working out of the Green Bay West mill. In Georgia-Pacific’s Green Bay Operations, approximately 1,700 manufacturing employees produce nationally-known brands of bath tissue, napkins, paper towels and wipers, such as Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion® and Vanity Fair®. A long-time fixture in the community, one of the company’s five Green Bay facilities has been manufacturing products for 115 years.
In addition to its Broadway and Day Street paper mills, its West Mason and SPG converting facilities, and its Ecosource™ fiber recycling operation, Green Bay is also home to about 600 additional Georgia-Pacific or Koch Industries employees working in IT, engineering, transportation and customer service for away-from-home products.
- Managing and supporting a wide variety of technologies within the manufacturing business and process control environments.
- Working with technologies that include various process control systems, Windows Server technologies, virtual server environments, Business and process control LANs, wireless networking, Windows desktops, storage and backups.
- Providing timely completion of internal customer and IT requests utilizing a central help desk ticketing system in a manufacturing environment.
- Analyzing system failures or bugs and providing solutions to restore functionality demonstrating a high level of initiative and executing against a defined plan and strategy.
- Developing an understanding of business operations to better support Georgia Pacific, and suggesting changes to processes that add value.
- Participating in the implementation of systems needed in the manufacturing environment as a team leader or member.
- Working as part of a larger support team to implement overall company standards in the IT Business and Process Control environments.
- Participating in the infrastructure on call rotation.
- Using Good Customer Focus and troubleshooting skills.
- Strategic thinking and formulating strategic plans.
- Understanding and translating business requirements in value driven actions.
- Working independently, setting goals, and achieving milestones with minimal direction.
- Working as part of a team, driving toward common goals, and working within standardized processes.
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree or higher in a technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.).
- At least 5 years of experience in technical support.
- Knowledge of LAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies (wired & wireless).
- Experience with latest Windows Server Operating System.
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds, work in various mill environments, climb stairs.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
Experience supporting a manufacturing operation environment.
Experience with VMWare and SANs.
Experience with Cisco networking.
Experience with DHCP, DNS and Active Directory.
Experience with security related to PCs/LAN/wireless, network troubleshooting and firewalls.
Experience with Microsoft server and desktop administration.
Experience with process control administration.
Experience with NAS/SAN storage systems.
Experience with Backup and recovery solutions.
- Experience with Project Management.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Green Bay Technology Job